Aloha all! Thanks so much for your patience! Here is the recipe you’ve all been waiting for! It is SO simple! Enjoy!
**Just a reminder my tendency to NOT measure things out when I cook/bake so these are very close approximations LOL … everything always turns out OK in the end, no worries! **
Mee’s Chocolate Banana Muffins
2 cups almond flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 cup pitted medjool dates
3 ripe organic medium sized bananas [broken into about 3 chunks each]
1/4 cup Tropical Traditions Gold Label Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 organic eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside
3. Load a Vitamix with the pitted dates, bananas, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, vanilla and eggs [in that order] and begin to mix at a medium speed for about 20-30 seconds. Gradually increase to high and mix at full blast for about 15 seconds or until you get a nicely combined and smooth mixture.
4. Slowly add in the dry mix and mix on medium speed until fully combined. This shouldn’t take very long at all. Once you have everything nicely blended, I blast on high for a few seconds to break down the almond flour. I’ve found that this makes for very moist and soft muffins.
5. Fill a 3/4″ muffin pan about 3/4 full and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approx 20-25 minutes.
6. Cool completely and add a dollop of Chocolate Maple MeeNut Butter “Frosting” and enjoy as cupcakes! Feel free to dust with unsweetened coconut flakes for extra flavor and presentation
Yields about 20 muffins.